Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much should I charge for next week?

(5 Posts)
justonemorethen Fri 24-Jun-11 23:32:53

Will have two (primary) children after school for 3 days next week. Have suggested they sleepover for 2 of the nights as parents are working very far away and wouldn't be back much before 9pm. There is now the teachers strike meaning I have to have them on Thursday. Parents agreed to everything (and didn't even realise there was a strike!).
I have no idea how much to charge. They are fairly well off and a fair price makes them feel secure they are getting proper childcare.However apart from extra food it won't put me unduly and I don't want to rip off other working mums at school.
Anyone put a price on it for me? 3x after school 1x all day 2x all night?

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 25-Jun-11 00:02:44

are you registered for overnight care?

justonemorethen Sat 25-Jun-11 07:30:03

I thought that was just early years care. I will check it out thanks! Discussing this on the Childminders forum website now.

Flisspaps Sat 25-Jun-11 07:43:56

No, overnight and early years care are different things. You need to specifically register to care overnight.

nannynick Sat 25-Jun-11 09:00:36

6pm to 2am is unregulated. However at 2am you have a problem if you are charging.

How well do you know these children? Would your own children be naturally inviting them over for a sleepover?

9pm does not sound that late to me, given the children are school aged. They could be all ready for bed and parents just transport them home and put them straight in bed.

Full day would be at whatever your usual rate would be for a full day such as during school holidays. Care beyond your usual opening hours would be overtime rate. What are your usual charges for childcare?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now