Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Car dilemma to lease or buy?

(4 Posts)
surfandturf Thu 23-Jun-11 15:49:20

Hi All,

I am due to start CMing at the end of the month and need to get a bigger car sharpish! (I'm going to need an 8 seater and would love to swank around in a brand new one there aren't that many second-hand ones about) so I was thinking about leasing one.

It would in effect mean that the money I earn from one of my part-timers would in effect pay for the lease car or do I just drop the part timer and buy a 7 seater second hand Zafira which I can afford outright?

My DH has our 'family' car and I will only really be using the bigger car for business use. I'm just wondering what the best option would be regarding tax. Is the paperwork easier with a lease car as all the maintenance etc is generally included as part of the contact?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

HSMM Thu 23-Jun-11 21:18:43

I bought a 2nd hand 8 seater. I have just had a 'temporary' multimac fitted (don't ask), which makes it into a 9 seater, so if you could afford a 2nd hand 7 seater and approx £1500 for a multimac, you would have an 8 seater.

I have never looked into leasing, so someone with an accounting brain might be along in a minute.

(NB: We can also use my car for camping weekends away and put the back seats down to sleep on)

surfandturf Thu 23-Jun-11 22:55:20

what car have you got HSMM and how would you rate it?

HSMM Fri 24-Jun-11 07:30:22

I have a Toyota Estima import and before that I had a Toyota Previa. Both 8 seats. Nice cars. Comfortable for adults. Plenty of boot space. If you plough back through this Childminding section, there was a debate on a range of 7 and 8 seater cars which might also help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now