Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Got an interview for a Nursery Nurse position in a school, any tips of what i could be asked??

(6 Posts)
mindermummy Wed 22-Jun-11 21:03:32

What i could be asked and good answers!
many thanks

nannynick Wed 22-Jun-11 22:04:38

What does a nursery nurse do in a school - could you perhaps pick some things off the job description document so that we have a better idea of what job you are actually applying for, as you haven't said it's a classroom assistant position.

bubaluchy Thu 23-Jun-11 00:41:27

I would read up on EYFS, in a nut shell, talk about your awareness of child to adult ratios importance of enabling the children's environment.
I would use an example of a child who's interest is trains to encourage them to engage in creative activities, dip the trains in paint and move it across paper, this also includes Communication , Language and Literacy as well as creative development.
When the interviewers say, have you got any qus, have something at the ready, ie,how does this setting go about involving parents, this covers 2.2 of the EYFS.
Good luck!

mindermummy Thu 23-Jun-11 08:50:05

Well the first bit sayes...job purpose....to work in partnership with the class teachers and support social, emotional. educational and welfare needs of nursery and eraly years children in line with early years goals, codes of practice and school policies and procedures.

mindermummy Thu 23-Jun-11 08:51:53

So early years goals will cover the EYFS and development matters??

Should i be clues up on all the bits of the every child matters framework...as can never remember them!!! lol

bubaluchy Thu 23-Jun-11 09:05:18

Just memorise four then talk about the change from foundation stage to EYFS and how beneficial you see it that children now lead their play enabling them to learn through their interests, how it promotes concentration in children, waffle waffle!
again good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now