Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Would you let your nanny ...

(9 Posts)
Grabaspoon Wed 22-Jun-11 14:54:54

I am a nanny and have recently re-located with work. We have moved 2.5 hours from the family's last home.

I have been asked to pp for my dc for a week late next month and these dates coincide with an event being held back in the old town. If we were to go to the event (DC very excited about it) we would have to stay with friends of mine and DC's - MB has met the family a couple of times and knows about them but isn't friends with them. DC would have a bed and own room.

Would you allow your nanny to take your DC to an event and following sleepover?

Strix Wed 22-Jun-11 16:07:53

Yes. Sounds like great fun for kids. I might, however, want to know what expenses were likely to be. But, if cost not prohibitive, then I'd be all for it.

Grabaspoon Wed 22-Jun-11 16:10:55

No expenses - we would be staying at a friends, eating there - having a picnic lunch at the event / although may buy some bits and pieces there from the kitty. But the event is free!!

Strix Wed 22-Jun-11 16:17:49

Then I definitely wouldn't have a problem with it.

ChitChattingagain Wed 22-Jun-11 18:11:59

It would depend on lots of things. Has the nanny ever PPd before? How old are the DC. How reliable/responsible has the nanny been both in and out of the house? What I thought of the nanny's taste in friends in general, etc, etc.

My nanny was great with kids, but her personal live was a catastrophe so I would NEVER have allowed it.

fraktious Wed 22-Jun-11 18:16:42

It would totally depend. If it was a nanny friend or a mummy friend - someone known in a professional capacity the DC was familiar with - then probably.

Grabaspoon Wed 22-Jun-11 18:48:58

Well I text mb and she agreed.

But to answer -
* I have pp long term for this DC.
* MB has met and liked the friend in question (a local mum) and in fact MB's parents and the friends parents both know of each other and have friends in common.

jendot Mon 27-Jun-11 11:39:18

I used to regularly take my charges away for a few days to stay with friends/ family.... They were 3 and 6 and the parents didn't know any of the people we were visting....I was a full time sole charge nanny and the parents trusted me to make the correct decisions and to keep their children safe!

Grabaspoon Mon 27-Jun-11 12:09:12

That's great Jen.

We've planned our road trip and can't wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now