Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childminder with cold sore...would you send your child?

(5 Posts)
sassyminder Tue 21-Jun-11 11:51:57

Or...you as a childminder would take a child with cold sore?

Booh Tue 21-Jun-11 12:08:55

I have taken children with cold sores.

They all have their own drinking cups, no kissing on the lips, frequent hand washing, don't see what the problem is really!

I have never caught them from a minded child

NorthernNanny Tue 21-Jun-11 12:10:51

I don't see what the problem would be - it doesn't look very nice but as long as they're not using the same cutlery/ glasses - which wouldn't happen anyway, there would be no chance of cross contamination

ShatnersBassoon Tue 21-Jun-11 12:11:07

I doubt I'd even notice if a childminder had a cold sore. If I did, I'd trust they'd have the sense to not share cups or kiss the children if they had a sore on their mouth, so I absolutely would not worry about it.

I've sent the children to school with cold sores, so can't see that I'd keep them away from a childminder's house.

RosieGirl Tue 21-Jun-11 13:13:33

It isn't an illness. I get cold-sores, have done from being a small child. If the parents chose not to send their child, that would be up to them.

But two of my mums also get cold-sores (more regularly than me, we all sympathise with each other as know how bad they can be), one of my DD gets cold-sores, but NONE of the children get them, my DH and my other DD have never had them either. I am always careful not to kiss (not that I do on a regular basis anyway) the children if I have one and the usual rules for keeping things clean.

Has never been an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now