Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ofsted references help asap please

(6 Posts)
sparklystar Tue 21-Jun-11 11:23:18

Hi

Have applied to be a registered childminder and references apparently not what required, Ofsted sending out a standard reference form. Does anyone k.ow if I can find one online anywhere ?

givemushypeasachance Tue 21-Jun-11 11:36:15

Sorry I don't entirely understand the question - do Ofsted need you to give the names of some more people to supply a reference for you? If so then I don't think you need a special form for that.

sparklystar Tue 21-Jun-11 11:44:38

Sorry basically I sent off reg forms along with my references names and a copy of the references supplied in order to hopefully speed up the process

givemushypeasachance Tue 21-Jun-11 12:37:59

I don't know whether Ofsted accept references you send in yourself - anyone could have written those, even you! And they may not cover all the information that Ofsted want. I think they would just send their own standard form out to the referees directly so they know that the reference is definitely from the person at that address, and the referee would then complete the form and return it to Ofsted. You shouldn't need to have a copy of it yourself.

You could try calling Ofsted and ask them if you can get a reference form, but they may well tell you the above and say that they handle the reference process themselves.

sparklystar Tue 21-Jun-11 12:47:14

Hmm ok was advised to get references to send with form

HSMM Tue 21-Jun-11 20:12:28

My DH sent references with his form and they were fine. We did get some people to give references who have a position in society - ie an accountant, a councillor, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now