Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Risk assessment!!!

(6 Posts)
Rudgey Sat 18-Jun-11 00:05:17

When I plan an outing, I do a risk assessment but I have seen on here before that some places may do their own RA. What places are likely to have their RA's and who do I ask and also would they give me a copy of it for my records? Sorry just starting out and trying find out how to do these things properly. Many thanks.

Scarfmaker Sat 18-Jun-11 00:20:46

Hi, why worry about how other places do their risk assessments? Do you think they will come running to you when they risk assess theirs?

No, just like other agencies/nurseries/schools don't keep in contact with you.

As long as you are showing that you've covered every eventuality that's fine.

Danthe4th Sat 18-Jun-11 15:14:57

farm parks, leisure centres, childrens centres, farms open to the public etc will all have done a risk assessment and many are happy to give a copy to childminders. Some even have them to download off their websites, just give them a call in advance.

Scarfmaker Sat 18-Jun-11 22:44:46

This isn't compulsory though, so why make more work for yourself?

AMYJ1234 Sat 18-Jun-11 23:34:53

It is compulsory - Ive just had my OFSTED inspection and she went through my risk assessments with a fine tooth comb!

Scarfmaker Sun 19-Jun-11 11:35:11

I know risk assessments are compulsory - but asking other places that you visit isn't, that's what I meant. Surely that's making more work for us. It would be for me anyway.

My inspection is 7 months overdue. My co-ordinator rung me last week and says Ofsted are in the area and wants to come and check all my bits - especially risk assessments. I do one every couple of months for my home, places i visit, garden, toddler groups, parks, museums. That's enough for me on top of everything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now