Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do ofsted get feedback from the parents?

(10 Posts)
OopsDoneItAgain Thu 16-Jun-11 19:46:31

I've got ofsted next week, and just wondered if they somehow get feedback from parents, and if so how?? Would seem daft not to.

NickNacks Thu 16-Jun-11 20:09:48

I was asked by my inspector to make a questionnaire and parents could confidentially answer and place in an envelope for the inspector to open. I then got to keep them and they have made lovely references. I told them they had to do it for OFSTED so I made sure i got responses from all but one ( a teacher herself hmm )

She also eavesdropped on a drop off by parent which happened whilst she was there.

Good luck with the inspection!

OopsDoneItAgain Thu 16-Jun-11 20:19:38

Thanks!

My inspector hasnt asked me to do a questionnaire, do they usually or was that just yours I wonder?

Babysamrocks Thu 16-Jun-11 20:51:37

Our school had it's ofsted inspection last year and all parents were sent a questionnaire to fill in before the inspection team arrived. Good luck with your's

Babysamrocks Thu 16-Jun-11 20:53:18

Sorry I've just seen your a childminder. blush

NickNacks Thu 16-Jun-11 21:07:50

I'm on the childminding forum (come join us if you haven't already!) and I've heard lots of inspectors requesting this so def not just mine. I think it's a good idea- after all they are the ones who's opinions count. smile

reddaisy Thu 16-Jun-11 21:11:15

The childminder we use asked us to write down our thoughts for the inspector off her own back. So I did and I wrote down why we like her and my comments were quoted in her report. So it is worth doing something off your own back even if Ofsted don't suggest it.

ChitChattingagain Thu 16-Jun-11 21:57:22

I wrote a reference for my CM at Ofsted's request. I just gave it to her to pass onto them.

RosieGirl Thu 16-Jun-11 22:04:05

At my inspection recently, the inspector got to speak to 2 of the parents as they dripped off and it really helped. Luckily they both like me. grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 16-Jun-11 22:43:29

I asked my parents to write a letter 'to whom it may concern' and seal it, they wrote some really lovely things smile which were quoted in my report

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now