Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Mother's help

(4 Posts)
l4k Tue 14-Jun-11 16:14:44

Hello
I have 4 children from 4 - 15 and am on the waiting list for some surgery which will mean I can't do much or drive for 6 weeks and will have to take it easy for another 6 weeks.
My husband works long hours so I think we'll have to pay for some help.How do I go about this,any ideas?
thanks for any help.

mumwithexperience Wed 15-Jun-11 14:51:35

Hi you can speak to your local Family information service/Early years centre, and sometimes they can help find you a childminder to cover. If not local nanny agencies cover part time sometimes, when i went in for surgery, the smaller children attended the breakfast and after school club so my husband could drop of and collect to and from work. If it's during school hols, Camp Beaumont (check nearest one on-line) are great and have great hours.
Hope this helpssmile

nannynick Wed 15-Jun-11 15:01:24

Some nanny agencies provide temp nannies.
You could look for someone yourself locally using sites like Childcare.co.uk - think Nanny would be the category as that's what you are wanting, though it will be shared care to an extent.

See PAYE Intro for information about registering as an employer, how to operate payroll etc.

l4k Thu 16-Jun-11 20:58:42

thank you both
When I get a date for op I'll check out your suggestions.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now