Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to terminate contract with childminder

(4 Posts)
Lola10 Tue 14-Jun-11 11:47:07

I need to terminate contract with my childminder, because I am going to be made redundant. I do not know what to write and should I post the letter or should I give it her.

Many thanks

Flisspaps Tue 14-Jun-11 11:51:12

Dear CM

It is with regret that I am going to have to terminate our contract with effect from X date. (Child Y) has had a fabulous time with you and we are really sorry that due to redundancy we are no longer able to carry on using your service. We will pay the notice period as per the contract, and will be really happy to provide you with a reference to show to prospective parents. I won't hesitate to get back in touch with you if I need a minder for Y in the future.

Thank you for everything

Lola10

Something along those lines? Tell her face-to-face first, then hand her the letter. Don't post it smile

Lola10 Tue 14-Jun-11 12:03:54

Thank you, it is really helpful.

Yes I have to tell her face-to-face soon.

mumwithexperience Tue 14-Jun-11 13:30:21

I am a childminder and depending on your contract you have to give the set notice mine is 6 weeks. The best way is to tell her face to face and also put it into writing as Lola10 put it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: