Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help needed with NVQ Observation please!

(11 Posts)
southernbelle77 Sun 12-Jun-11 19:28:54

I have my assessor coming to do an observation of me doing a physical activity with the children and I am lacking in inspiration! Not so hard if the weather is nice and we can go outside but no idea for indoors! Children are 18 months (still a bit of a wobbly walker!), 22 months and 3 1/2 years.
Any ideas for in and outdoors would be much appreciated!

KatyMac Sun 12-Jun-11 19:36:36

Skittles

Throwing beanbags into a bowl

Dancing

southernbelle77 Tue 14-Jun-11 16:58:25

Thanks Katy - definitely good ideas.

Anymore?

Thanks smile

Lizcat Wed 15-Jun-11 10:25:25

Read your PCs, K&U and scope carefully before planning the observation to ensure you cover as many as possible in the observation. It frustrates me when students haven't done this and actually fail the assessment because they didn't cover what was needed to.

southernbelle77 Wed 15-Jun-11 14:41:44

I know I should know what you are talking about Lizcat but I have no idea blush

Lizcat Wed 15-Jun-11 15:04:18

Your National Occupational Standards ie what you need to achieve in each Element of each Unit are broken down into these areas PC - performance criteria which may have scope that go with them each PC may have several areas of scope to cover. K&U - Knowledge and understanding shows that you understand what you are doing, why you are doing them and what are the implications of doing them.
The most common PC that gets missed out is Health and Safety.

southernbelle77 Wed 15-Jun-11 15:20:43

I understand now! Sorry confused with the abbreviations!
I have gone through but with what you have said I will go through them again to make sure I cover everything.
Thanks

HSMM Wed 15-Jun-11 15:38:35

Head, shoulders, knees and toes is always good for covering all sorts of learning areas smile

HSMM Wed 15-Jun-11 15:39:23

And remember it doesn't have to be gross motor skills, it could be fine motor skills, such as putting buttons in/out of a box/threading buttons?

Berryred Wed 15-Jun-11 19:29:29

SONG TIME!!!!!

MUM2BLESS Wed 15-Jun-11 20:11:24

Play dough always works fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now