Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs - Question about ATTENDANCE REGISTER

(5 Posts)
looneytune Sun 12-Jun-11 18:17:41

I know this has been done before but can anyone remind me whether or not parents HAVE to sign the attendance register? I know some inspectors have pulled people up before saying it needs to be signed but I will happily challenge that if it's not written down that we HAVE to (we all know all inspectors think differently!).

I've had a look at the framework book and can only see that we have to record this, I can't see anywhere where it says parents have to sign. I know the preschool I use and the nursery/school others use simply have a register for that session and don't need it signing.

If anyone could confirm this for me, I'd very much appreciate it. I've got a stinking headache and although have looked in the book, I'm worried I missed something because I'm not feeling 100%.

TIA smile

5318008 Sun 12-Jun-11 18:21:52

I don't have my parents sign my register and I got Outstanding last year

I do however record the exact time - 08:17 to 17:34 for eg

x x x

NickNacks Sun 12-Jun-11 19:38:34

Exactly the Same as 5318008 I don't get them to sign (and have never seen it anywhere in the statutory framework that we have to) but i do record exact times.

HSMM Sun 12-Jun-11 21:42:11

Like the others. Record exact times and no signing, with an outstanding.

looneytune Mon 13-Jun-11 16:55:11

Thanks all, just what I wanted to hear smile I do the exact time and haven't been getting it signed but wanted confidence this was ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now