Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

C/M Club: Help with rates for 3 siblings

(4 Posts)
QueenandKingMum Fri 10-Jun-11 21:43:25

I have been asked to help with 3 children after school - but single child rate is £4 per hour per child, sibling rate for two is £7.50 but no idea what is reasonable for 3! One is nearly 9 years so not "counting" in numbers so I feel a discount should be allowed for that?

I am a soft touch, a very soft touch but 2 afternoons a week could be quite good!

nbee84 Fri 10-Jun-11 22:03:46

What do you feel comfortable with? Would you be happy receiving £10 an hour for all 3 or would you always be thinking 'I'm making a £2 loss per hour by having these 3' Partly depends on how much demand you have for spaces - you'd be better off having 3 siblings at £10 per hour than only finding 2 individual mindees that pay £4 per hour each.

Lots of cm's don't do a sibling discount as each child is taking up a space.

nannyl Fri 10-Jun-11 23:41:36

i think £10 an hour is fair

she could get a nanny for that so anymore and you just might price yourself out, esp as oldest doesnt affect your numbers,

QueenandKingMum Mon 13-Jun-11 06:48:02

I agree with that - I gave her a rate of £10 in the end. The children are well known to us as well, so it's a win/win really.

Thanks for the help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now