Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

5 nites proxy parenting..

(6 Posts)
SimpleAsABC Fri 10-Jun-11 17:14:55

Sole charge care of two little of ones, one of whom will be at nursery whilst nanny will still have care of other lo.

Nanny charges 7.50ph for other ad hoc nanny work. Position is for 4 nights. can you give me an idea of costs?

TIA

SimpleAsABC Fri 10-Jun-11 18:12:12

bump

NannyBeth Fri 10-Jun-11 18:37:13

Most nannies I know who do this charge their normal rate (so £7.50) from when the start/the child wakes until midnight-ish and and then an overnight fee of around £30 - so in this case assuming child wakes at 7am and sleeps through the night it would be just under £160 per 24hrs plus any additional hours at £7.50.

Hope that helps!

minderjinx Fri 10-Jun-11 18:38:50

I would charge my ad hoc rate (also 7.50) for the waking hours, but drop to 5/hr for the hours the los are in bed and asleep (assuming they are likely to go down and stay down until morning, otherwise still ad hoc) - and also assuming we are talking Monday to Thursday - more for weekends. HTH.

fraktious Fri 10-Jun-11 18:53:17

I agree - hourly rate during normal hours, babysit rate until midnight, sleepover fee until the next morning (then I round to a neat figure!). That assumes the children are sleeping through.

you would be looking at £150 per 24hrs give or take £25 depending on her qualifications and experience.

If its your normal nanny could you negotiate some pay and some extra time off?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now