Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

art and craft ideas for these wet windy afternoons.

(5 Posts)
CrazyBabies Fri 10-Jun-11 12:34:29

I have a couple of after school 5 yr olds today and would like to do some art and craft. The time after school flies by, so I would like to organise an activity now whilst little one is napping.
I don't feel very inspired today so would love some ideas.
My pc printer doesnt work, so I can't use the usual on line activities.

Lancelottie Fri 10-Jun-11 12:54:17

Plastic bag kites, for when the rain stops and it's still windy? Crossed drinking straws, cut out kite shapes -- or just tie string to bag handles and dash around like a loon, which my kids always seemed to find just as good. (Keep away from baby, obviously).

KvetaBarry Fri 10-Jun-11 13:27:47

try subscribing to this blog and also this one - both have some lovely ideas for crafting with younger children. Also pre-school playbook has some nice ideas for larger groups.

Tas1 Sun 12-Jun-11 14:07:58

Marble painting -
* get a tin with a lid (can be any size/shape, or do more than one)
* cut out a piece of paper to fit into the bottom of the tin
* blob different couloured paint onto the paper
* put a few marbles into the tin (the bigger the tin, the more marbles you use)
* put the lid on and shake.

When you open the lid the marbles would have rolled around the tin making lovely patterns in the paint.

Leave them to dry and you can also laminate them too.

This can be done by mindee's from 12m upwards.

bambinichildminding Sun 12-Jun-11 19:21:25

Hi

I am a registered childminder who will be minding a 9 month old little boy who is a picastarian (eats fish and dairy). Has anyone got any easy/quick recipes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now