Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to plan childcare for an uncertain future?

(3 Posts)
bluebean Fri 10-Jun-11 10:32:24

Like many people I rely on my wonderful wonderful parents to help out with childcare ( two days out of the four I work, fab CM the other two). But my Mum is now undergoing chemo for the second time in a year and I just don't know if she'll be able to carry on. I'm on mat leave at the moment, so this isn't really an issue until I return early next year.

I wondered, how have others dealt with similar situations?

I'd be interested to hear from CMs etc, what would your take on this be? It seems unreasonable to expect a CM to hold a place when I don't know if I'll need it or not.

I've spoken to my CM and she's doesn't have places for my 2 DC at present.

I also feel horribly guilty for even thinking about this. Sorry if I'm rambling - it's just so hard to plan and it's making me anxious.

gardenpixies32 Fri 10-Jun-11 11:15:15

Sorry to hear about your mother, I hope all goes well.

Is there a possibility your childminder could apply for a variation for a sibling? This would allow her to up her numbers in that age range.

bluebean Fri 10-Jun-11 21:53:14

I didn't know that was an option!

Thanks for the info gardenpixies, I'll ask CM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now