Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Tax question !!!!

(3 Posts)
CrazyBabies Thu 09-Jun-11 13:02:53

Hi, could you tell me how much I can earn before I am taxed please. From the period apr 2011 - apr 2012.
Many thanks.

mranchovy Thu 09-Jun-11 19:05:39

You can earn up to £7,475 before you pay Income Tax.

If you are employed (nanny) you can earn up to £139 a week before you pay National Insurance (£7,225 a year but it is works weekly or monthly not over the whole year), if you are self employed (childminder) you should be paying £3.00 a week Class 2 National Insurance and you can earn up to £7,225 before you pay Class 4 NI.

CrazyBabies Fri 10-Jun-11 09:45:18

Thanks very much for that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: