Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Shit! I've done it...I've finally handed in my resignation!

(7 Posts)
surfandturf Thu 09-Jun-11 12:24:04

Yep, one month from now I'll be a bonefide CM, hopefully run ragged with umpteen kids round my ankles rather than sat in my boring stuffy office with boring work to do.

I hope I've done the right thing by giving up a full-time, permanent position with little stress where I can MN when I want for a job where I'll be rushed off my feet and wonderng where my next paycheck is coming from!

I can't wait!!!!! grin

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Thu 09-Jun-11 22:51:51

Well done you brave thing! I did that last November, well paid public sector job (but stressy) to go it alone! Scary, really scary, but actually, its worked out v well and i filled all my spaces + got Outstanding on my first inspection. You just have to really go for it smile

If you need any help just ask. I hope it goes v well for you. Congrats!

surfandturf Mon 20-Jun-11 16:32:11

Thanks and well done to you. I can only dream of getting outstanding in my 1st inspection I'm sure!
I will give it my best shot though!

nannynick Mon 20-Jun-11 17:05:17

Always scary changing job. Hope it works out well. Have you got a financial cushion to see you through the first few months? Do you have any children lined up to start with you?

thebody Mon 20-Jun-11 18:16:12

well done well done.... children will be a delight.. parents usually delightful but beware of payments.. start as mean to go on..... payment IN ADVANCE..

i spent all day at the park today with my 4 under 3s (yes i have a variation) picnic, feeding the ducks, suncream smell, ice creams, kisses and cuddles... beats a hospital ward any day.... fantastic...

Rudgey Mon 20-Jun-11 22:48:03

Wow, Ilovebagsandbruuuce, how did you get Outstanding on your first visit? Like Surfandturf, I am dreaming of an Outstanding on my visit, please tell us your secrets on how to achieve this. Thanks

Ilovebagsandbruuuce Tue 21-Jun-11 22:17:27

I just made sure i go over over and above the statutory requirements. If you want to read my insp report, pm me and i'll give you my ofsted number so you can search on their website. They also liked my website and my eyfs systems in place. They were hot on safeguarding and risk assessments, and also evaluation and improvement (for children and setting). Also hot on comms between parents/cm and cm/other settings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now