Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny advice - is what i want realistic?

(14 Posts)
Adair Thu 09-Jun-11 10:07:21

Am considering returning to work. Two days a week - have three children. one is at school, one will be at part-time nursery and one 7mth baby. Hours likely to be 7.30-5.30 (possibly 6pm).

Would be term-time only (so 13 weeks holiday a year), happy for nanny to bring own child. Am in Walthamstow (North-East London)
Was thinking £8K gross salary (works out at £667 pcm). Is this too low?

What do you think? I will be a very nice employer smile

colditz Thu 09-Jun-11 10:11:55

It's 7.70 an hour, and if you're happy for nanny to bring her own child, you might get a lot of applicants.

colditz Thu 09-Jun-11 10:12:12

In other words, if I was a nanny, I'd do it.

jendifa Thu 09-Jun-11 11:29:43

Would you be paying them for the full 52 weeks, or just the weeks you need them?

Adair Thu 09-Jun-11 12:23:44

Paying 8K gross over the year but contract would state 13 weeks holiday (that must be taken in school holiday time)

snice Thu 09-Jun-11 12:26:28

if I was a nanny I'd do it too!

Bananamash Thu 09-Jun-11 13:48:58

I'm looking for nanny work, sadly not in your area, and I would be happy with that. Good luck with your search.

Adair Thu 09-Jun-11 22:04:49

Thanks. Now I just have to find a job!

nannyl Fri 10-Jun-11 08:54:29

£9 ish gross per hour and allowed to bring own child!

im sure you will find someone smile

Adair Fri 10-Jun-11 09:51:08

Ah, i thought so. I just got scared reading all the daily fail reports of nannies earning 50K and getting spa benefits...

I want to pay someone a fair wage but won't be earning much more than that myself ! Might revise the own child bit in light of your comments.

wage is very fair you should be able to find a fairly experienced nanny for that and a very experienced nanny with own child would be willing to work for that whether a nanny with own baby/toddler or school aged child (as long as went to same school as your child).

13wks holiday is the added bonus of not being able to take holiday when they choose just make this very very clear in any adverts and within the nanny contract.

Laquitar Fri 10-Jun-11 13:02:02

Sounds good with the long holidays and the flexibility to bring her own child.

Can you choose your days? If so remember that it makes difference which 2 days of the week are and if they are 2 days in row.

sunshinenanny Sat 11-Jun-11 20:53:57

wish you were near me!

nanny101 Sun 12-Jun-11 20:08:45

not too unreasonable, pity you not closer to me as i have 2 free days a week........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now