Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do I charge a month in advance or a month in arrears? I usually charge at the end of each week, but family wants to pay monthly.

(7 Posts)
CrazyBabies Wed 08-Jun-11 19:07:48

Hi. When is it best to get paid, if on a monthly basis. Is it ok to ask for a month in advance. Would be about £300. It seems a lot. But have heard that the family can on times be late payers.
So far, I am paid weekly. It is easy, and we all know where we stand.

springbokscantjump Wed 08-Jun-11 19:32:04

I pay a month in advance with any additional days used at the end. DH and I work shifts and occ need to go in on short notice. I wouldn't expect to pay in arrears.

Especially if they are known to be late payees I'd get it in advance.

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Wed 08-Jun-11 19:35:00

i ask my families to pay a month in advance. They are all happy to do this.

Strix Wed 08-Jun-11 20:00:16

I pay a month in advance also. I think this is common.

LeoTheLateBloomer Wed 08-Jun-11 20:04:07

I would expect to pay in advance. That way they can't quibble if they've not been for a day because they should still pay you for your time. (If that makes sense).

HSMM Wed 08-Jun-11 21:47:52

I charge a month in advance

thebody Wed 08-Jun-11 22:29:09

i have all different.. it takes time to understand and trust a family.. some of mine are weekly cash, others are two months in advance.. it depends upon your relationship with them...

however alarm bells would be ringing for me as you say 'they an be late payers'.. who told you this?? if reliable source then ask for month in advance and ,just for them, issue a late payment fee to nip possible problems in the bud...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: