Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Maternity nurses?

(3 Posts)
Oopsie Wed 08-Jun-11 19:00:03

What's the best way to go about hiring a 24/6 maternity nurse? Are there any particular agencies you would recommend?

Also, how long would you recommend hiring one for? I would ideally like to avoid ever having to do nights. How much time do I realistically need to allow for them to get baby into a reliable routine?

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Wed 08-Jun-11 19:33:58

When I worked as a maternity night nanny, I had the babies sleeping through by 12 weeks. Some were younger but most weren't.

Most people booked me for 6 - 12 weeks.

Eden have a good maternity desk as do occasional and permanent.

You can just hire a night nanny although cost wise would cost the almost as much as a 24hr maternity nurse most people book for 6-12wks and all babies I have night nannied for have been sleeping through between 8-16wks (depending if premature or not) as long as parents have wanted to follow a routine and kept to it on the nights I wasnt working.

I usually do 2-3 nights a week so have a gap between nights and the parents do those nights and then have me come in and give them a break this means they could afford to have a night nanny for a longer period of time so rather than 3-4 full weeks they could have 11/12wks of 2-3nights

eden nannies seem to have alot of mat nurse jobs so obv a popular agency

tinies have been very good and professional in my experience

kidsmatteruk are national and very professional

little tinkers childcare are very good and cover the east midlands

you could recruit privately and much of my work comes to me that way through my adverts on gumtree,netmums and childcare.co.uk

you may be lucky enough to find someone on here who can help

good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now