Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

anyone know anything about pigs?

(4 Posts)
sillymillysmummy Wed 08-Jun-11 17:50:32

I am a childminder, we have just bought a new house (normal small semi with garden) and have just found out that our new next door neighbour has 2 pigs in their garden. I know they need to be registered with animal health at the council so am making sure that is the case, but my question to childminders is..... as long as children dont come into contact with them are there any potential issues you can think of? Is there airborne diseases that I would need to take into consideration? any help appreciated

nannynick Wed 08-Jun-11 18:06:27

No idea but Pigs will eat almost anything, I've had a pig attempt to eat a mobile phone in the past. So the pigs may be at danger from minded children throwing things over the fence. The children may be in danger of being bitten if they poke their fingers through a fence with a pig the other side.

sillymillysmummy Wed 08-Jun-11 18:22:52

hmmmmmmm .......contemplates throwing unruly minded children over fence...... erm only kidding lol

the fence is around 8ft tall and solid so no fingers could be lost either

thanks though NN

nannynick Wed 08-Jun-11 20:47:57

hearpigpig on Twitter says: you will be fine, pigs are actually quite clean, despite their reputation.

I think having pigs next door could be quite educational. Will next door let you visit to see the pigs?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: