Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Info on gym creche/creche

(13 Posts)
louisawhitegenius Wed 08-Jun-11 09:10:10

Hi guys,
Am having a trial session at my new gym's creche today and was wondering what to expect. She has never been to a creche before so a bit nervous! This is going to sound a bit thick but I'm guessing they will do everything I do i.e. feed when she's due a bottle (just leave my changing bag/bottles and milk etc...?) Please don't flame me, I just don't wanna come across thick to them - I'm comfortable looking thick to you guys! smile))

sooz28 Wed 08-Jun-11 09:14:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sooz28 Wed 08-Jun-11 09:17:48

louisawhitegenius Wed 08-Jun-11 09:23:32

thanks sooz28, i just wanted to make sure i bring everything i need! i'm sure it will be fine but just a little anxious

sooz28 Wed 08-Jun-11 09:27:45

nannynick Wed 08-Jun-11 09:28:50

Talk to the staff, I'm sure they are used to first time users of the creche and will tell you about their procedures.
If you haven't completed paperwork already, then expect to complete that... perhaps take along your red book as that often has the dates of when your daughter has had her various immunisations.
Let them know of any routine (write it down on a sheet of paper) she has with regard to things like bottles, sleep - though don't expect her to follow any usual routine as it's a new environment for her and she may be far more interested in look around the place than following her usual sleep pattern. The written routine can just be of help to the staff should your daughter get upset, as they can then tell from the routine if she's likely to be hungry, or tired.

nannynick Wed 08-Jun-11 09:31:06

Don't dress her in her finest clothes... expect her to get messy! They won't always, though it depends what is going on in the crèche - older children may well be doing painting and wander over to her to give her a hug with some paint still on their hand.

Be relaxed about things, your daughter will pick up on that relaxedness and will then settle better.

littleducks Wed 08-Jun-11 09:32:35

I agree with the 'just ask' advice, everyone who uses a creche will have had a first time and the staff will be used to it. The better the staff the more reassurance and explanation you should get.

mosschops30 Wed 08-Jun-11 09:37:13

Ds2 has started at gym creche, which also takes full time children.
It has been hard for him, but after about 6 wks hes now settled really well.
Have you been for a visit and chat with the manager? They will tell you all you need to know then.
Ours pretty much fit in with my routine, if i dont want him to sleep they keep him up, i just provide nappies, they provide wipes, they even provide drinking cup. Its very hassle free.
You wont come accross as thick, ds2 had never been to creche so i had no idea what to expect either.

louisawhitegenius Wed 08-Jun-11 10:15:46

hi everyone, thanks so much. My little one is 4 months and the sessions are 2 hours (so i can go to the gym or sit in the steam room smile)am defo gonna ask lots of questions, just wanted to get an idea of what will happen. thanks again! x

louisawhitegenius Wed 08-Jun-11 15:06:46

Hi everyone, she had a fab time and did just fine. Thank you all for the help...now i just have to actually get my arse to the gym! smile

nannynick Wed 08-Jun-11 15:10:30

Good to hear it went well. I find doing exercise classes is the easiest way to motivate me to go. Did body conditioning/sculpt this morning.

mosschops30 Wed 08-Jun-11 15:28:29

Pre booking creche is my biggest motivator. We have to book one week in advance, then i often dont feel like going but have to cos ds2 is booked in.

Agree classes are fab, i did bodycombat this morning, sweat buckets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now