Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

half days with childminder

(8 Posts)
PhilPhil Tue 07-Jun-11 20:27:04

I'm completely new to all this, but have suddenly found myself with a part-time job. Is it realistic to find a childminder for September when all I need is two afternoons a week? (Probably 12-5.30). My son will be 19 months.

Sorry for an inane question, but I have no idea where to start!

5318008 Tue 07-Jun-11 20:35:30

you might find a CM with a space, or they might only have full days

ring around, see what you can find out

times are hard for everyone, in the past a very part time child like yours might not have been easy to place but in the current climate you might find yourself snapped up quickly

smile

TwistAndShout Tue 07-Jun-11 22:04:10

I think its realistic.

I don't want to be full all the time so I have several part timers with those kind of hours.

Good luck.

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 07-Jun-11 22:07:42

I have DD with a CM for 5 hrs, 1 day a week so it is possible. My CM has quite a few part-timers. Only way to find out is to start ringing round.

Pinner35 Tue 07-Jun-11 22:09:02

I'm a CM and would have no problem with these hours. Good luck.

jaffacake79 Wed 08-Jun-11 11:55:54

Have a ring around, there might be someone with space that is happy to accept those hours, I wouldn't have a problem for instance.

anewyear Wed 08-Jun-11 17:37:58

At the moment, I only have after schoolers, but I have a child starting in September, she will be with me once a week 11.50 - 3pm, suits me down to the ground.

PhilPhil Wed 08-Jun-11 23:01:33

Thanks everyone. At least I know it's not unrealistic to think I might find someone. Accepted job properly today and feeling a bit panicky!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: