Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Fathers Day card ideas

(6 Posts)
LibbyLou123 Tue 07-Jun-11 18:46:29

I want to make some Fathers Day cards with my mindees to give to their Dad's, but am stuck for ideas!
Any suggestions?
My youngest mindee has just turned 1, so it's got to be something quite simple
Thanks

5318008 Tue 07-Jun-11 19:11:27

I've done string painting onto one side of plain card, then folded it, paint out, and written the sentiment on the inside

painting again - handprint, laminate, cut out a left and right hand and holepunch each at the wrist; take some string, measure off a length from hand to hand (child stands/sits with arms held wide); attach the hands to each end of the string = attach a luggage label''a hug from me to you''

any good?

thebody Tue 07-Jun-11 20:21:29

thanks 53.. great idea. will do with mine as also struggling with ideas..

5318008 Tue 07-Jun-11 20:55:48

ooh cooked spaghetti instead of string for a 1 yr old might be better, sorry

5318008 Tue 07-Jun-11 20:56:30

for the string painting, I mean

(am v tired and it's only Tuesday, wail!)

cupcakeandcoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 17:43:25

Hiya,

You could cut out shapes to make a work tie and then shapes to make the pattern on the tie (spots, stripes etc) Then let them slap on some glue with a pritt stick or paint brush and help them stick the foam shapes on to make a card.

Or buy a magnetic picture frame (cheap pack of 6 say from Boot or craft shop). Put a photo of the child in it and help the child decorate it with stickers around the outside.

Hand print with a fathers day poem?

Paint with lots of colours (maybe fingers), cut out a nice patch as a strip to make a book mark and write a message on it.

Hope this helps x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: