Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What are the latest rules on photographs...

(5 Posts)
supersewer Wed 01-Jun-11 13:22:14

Do you need to register with anyone to take pictures or is parent's consent sufficient?

katvond Wed 01-Jun-11 13:27:39

A parents consent should be sufficient but if you own a studio then you'll have to look it into I think. Hope that helps

5318008 Wed 01-Jun-11 13:33:08

are you a CM?

ChildrenAtHeart Wed 01-Jun-11 13:49:32

If you are a childminder & take photos on a phone, digital camera or other digital device (even if you don't store them in any way) you must comply with data protection regulations & in addition you must register as a data handler & processor on the data protection register with the Information Commissioner's Office. There is more info regarding this on the NCMA website. Taking photos on an old style 35mm camera is fine, though you still have to abide by data protection rules, you don't have to register. Obviously you also need parent consent but this is in addition to your obligation to register. There is an annual fee for childminders of £35.

supersewer Wed 01-Jun-11 19:27:06

Thanks, yes i am a cm, but ama still waiting for full access to ncma website as i am new to this. Thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: