Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Organising Childcare - how far in advance

(3 Posts)
glitternanny Sat 28-May-11 11:25:04

I'm 15w pregnant and thinking about childcare - I'm a nanny and one job has said no too taking bubba with me... so have been putting feelers out for childminders to work around OHs shifts.

How far in advance have you met someone, put a deposit down, made arrangements etc....

I'm due 18th Nov, and will be back at work 28th Feb 2012, IF I decide to go back to this job that have said no (even temporarily) that's when I'd need the childcare from.

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Sat 28-May-11 19:27:48

I would say as soon as your baby is born, as you are going back to work around 3 months after baby is born.

There is no harm having a look at childminders just now seeing who you like the look of, who would accomodate shifts etc

But i wouldnt and dont know any childminders that would sign a contract or start excepting retainer fees before baby is born.

Good luck smile

MovingAndScared Sat 28-May-11 21:00:51

I would say looking around before baby is born if you are going back fairly early and also you need someone fairly flexiable - but a while yet 7 months of so would be enough - both times with my boys I had childcare arranged before they were born

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: