Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

late finish childminders

(10 Posts)
Tanso Wed 25-May-11 13:22:35

Do many childminders consider late finishes? I am thinking of returning to a work with complicated hours. There would be something like 2 x 8pm finish, one 7 am start (different day) one normal day and one short day.

If I try to find someone like this would I get laughed out of town?

apotomak Wed 25-May-11 13:24:48

This would be no problem for me.

Strix Wed 25-May-11 14:17:32

You can always ask.

malovitt Wed 25-May-11 14:19:58

I think childminders with their own small children would find it a problem, but there are plenty of others who wouldn't mind those hours.

kellykateneedsaholiday Wed 25-May-11 14:25:27

Thats the sort of hours I work just now as a childminder. You may have to pay a higher hourly rate for later hours though.

poopnscoop Thu 26-May-11 11:30:04

I don't have kids, so am able to offer some flexibility as to hours... and have worked these hours if it doesn't conflict with my own evening commitments. I charge extra for this.

Tanso Thu 26-May-11 11:46:30

thanks everyone

shellchildminder Sun 29-May-11 11:36:49

I am a childminder in the bury/bolton area and i am very flexible and will work any hours parents need . xx

kstacey Tue 07-Jun-11 12:44:58

hi im a childminder in sandhurst berkshire and would be able to help with flexible hours to suit your familys needs.
xx

jaffacake79 Tue 07-Jun-11 13:58:06

I wouldn't mind those hours either, although I'd charge you more before 8am and after 6pm. I'm in Haverhill, Suffolk if that's of any help to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now