Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any success with this nanny share site?

(6 Posts)
MammyT Tue 17-May-11 22:45:12

Has anyone had any success with www.nannyshare.co.uk?

This is a website to connect parents with each other but I don't want to spend the money if there's no traffic (very hard to see unless registered).

I'm struggling to get an after-school nanny so I'm wondering if a nanny share (with perhaps a family with a baby who can offer more hours) might work.

Thanks.

diamond2101 Wed 18-May-11 19:09:47

Hi MammyT!

I registered on this site a few yrs ago - pretty sure it was free back then or maybe I paid a very small fee but I think they charge about £25 now! Anyway, I managed to find a very lovely family living 10mins walk away from me and worked for them for about a year or so. But I have found more success with other websites, although that doesn't mean it might not work for you!

I would recommend you look/advertise on gumtree, nannyjob, thenannysharers and simplychildcare!

What area are you? Maybe I can help/find someone for you.

COCKadoodledooo Wed 18-May-11 19:17:42

You're not near Salisbury are you?? If I get this job next week I shall need someone to look after ds2 during the day, but my working day should finish at 2.30, giving a nanny chance to take an after-school role elsewhere.

*crosses fingers*

MammyT Wed 18-May-11 20:52:11

Nowhere near Salisbury sadly.. A nice neck of the woods I'm sure.

Diamond - thanks for the tip on the other websites, at least two of which I hadn't heard of before.

Oligo Wed 18-May-11 22:51:30

I found one of my jobs (been there 2.5 years so far) on there but had trouble when wanting to advertise on behalf of a family to find a share. I had to put in all their details like I was the family/parent but use my email. Just felt I was being a bit deceptive. I contacted the site but they said that was just the way it was. This was a while ago now so maybe things have changed. As a nanny I would not want to pay to use the service though. Netmums?

MammyT Sun 29-May-11 19:58:55

There were such good profiles that I said the £25 quid and guess what? There was no substance behind the profiles (no details filled in etc).

I feel truly conned so highly recommend AVOIDING it.

Finding a share is so hard sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now