Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Desperately seeking Childminder/Nanny in Richmond

(7 Posts)
mojocat Fri 13-May-11 10:34:44

Hi this is my first post after having lurked around for a while. I need help desperately!

We are having a bad experience with the nursery DS (7months) is in and is looking to get him out of there ASAP. So looking at childminding options as well as nannies (but need to be self-employed due to budget constraints) in Richmond. DH and I will be working full time mid Jun so need a feasible solution by then. I will be in charge of picking DS up if we go down childminding option and I dont drive so need it to be fairly close to Richmond station. Any recommendations please please shoot them over. Cannot bear to leave DS with horrible nursery another day longer sad

Strix Fri 13-May-11 11:00:10

First and foremost, a nanny cannot normally be self employed. If budget is a constraint then I suggest you look for a childminder because with only one child a childminder is probably more cost effective. However, I expect you will pay a premium for drop off anywhere near Richmond Station.

You might want to consider a nannyshare, but this might be a baptism by fire into the world of domestic employment with your first child. You need to consider things like coordinating nanny's holiday with other share family, whether other family has similar views on discipline, nutrition, and a million other things.

Do you really have to drop off near Richmond station? I would suggest contacting Richmond Childminding Association. We use a childminder in Twickenham who is absolutely fabulous (she was such a star yesterday I just can't decide how best to thank her), but I think too far for you.

Strix Fri 13-May-11 11:04:32

http://www.richmondca.co.uk/

mojocat Fri 13-May-11 11:36:56

Thanks Strix, are you able to share your childminder contact? I am so desperate I am willing to consider all options if the quality of childcare is fab without breaking the bank. My husband goes that way to his office and if the hours work, he might be able to do both the drop off/pick up. Re self employed nanny, I have seen some advertisements on netmums so thought it was possible. I agree with you on nanny share...

Strix Fri 13-May-11 12:14:08

Hi Mojo. I have sent you a message. If you please reply to the e mail address I gave you we can talk a bit more.

MeghnaS Wed 08-Jun-11 14:13:26

Hi Strix, Since you have praised your childminder so much and if you think she is very good, would you please share her contact details with us. We have a 19th month old and we are looking at both options (nurseries and child minders). Thanks you

Kew08 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:09:35

This might help- www.nappyvalleynet.com/richmond/meet-a-childminder-event-t510.html

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: