Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is it possible to 'hang up' pushchairs? If so, how?

(10 Posts)
leeloo1 Sun 16-Jan-11 17:50:22

Looking for some advice as my house is being overrun by pushchairs... nearly every day parents leave 2 maclaren-style pushchairs and I then have to climb over them all day!

The hall is big enough for them to stand side by side, but I then can't get past them with my own pushchair.

So, I came up with the clever hmm idea of being able to hang them up on hooks(?) of some kind, but I have no clue what I could hang them on...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

looneytune Sun 16-Jan-11 17:52:04

Oh you're good, I wouldn't be able to store any more pushchairs, I have enough of my own!! grin

CarGirl Sun 16-Jan-11 17:53:07

You can get big hooks to hang bikes off?

Coat stand?

I assume they are currently fold up and stood upright against the wall?

missnevermind Sun 16-Jan-11 17:53:50

Hanging them up is a clever idea.
How about some of those big hooks that you use to hang a pushbike on the wall with.

debka Sun 16-Jan-11 17:53:55

My DH adapted a bike rack to go on the back of our car which we can hang the pushchair on. Don't know if this helps you at all though...

CarGirl Sun 16-Jan-11 18:06:10

lots of types here

www.bikecare.co.uk/acc/cyclestands.html

looneytune Sun 16-Jan-11 18:51:21

Oh, may have to look into this for my prams in storage. The triple is a bit heavy though so not sure if would take the weight but definite worth trying to free some floor space

UniS Sun 16-Jan-11 18:59:29

Look at bike storage systems

I used to hang my (folded) stroller up on the edge of a shelf . A stout bar about 6/ 8 inch off the wall would have worked too.

Sequins Sun 16-Jan-11 19:03:40

DC's nursery has a garden shed with two rails, like wardrobe rails but stronger, with one at just above Maclaren buggy height and another at double height. We fold the buggies and hang them on the rails, a Maclaren-type buggy hangs fine in this by its handles. Microscooters are also easy to hang. The Quinnys look a bit trickier.

leeloo1 Mon 17-Jan-11 09:31:53

Thanks for all the suggestions - I guess a bike hanger is probably the way to go then.

Sequins - interesting your nursery does this, when I suggested the idea to my dad he thought it'd be making the house into a death trap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now