Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

If you do Saturday doing a course & Sunday doing your accounts, when does your weekend happen?

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 15-Jan-11 22:31:40

hmm

Very bad move on my part

HSMM Sun 16-Jan-11 05:30:08

I think sometimes weekends just disappear. I get one each one or two months I think?

pippin26 Sun 16-Jan-11 11:17:20

Whats a weekend?

jenandberry Sun 16-Jan-11 11:18:33

I think it is quite usual to not have a weekend. Many people have to work though them but it is a crap feeling so you have my sympathies

KatyMac Sun 16-Jan-11 11:21:33

Yes but generally if people work through them (shop work/hospital etc) they get time off in the week too.

Whereas I started on Monday last & will end working Saturday next weekend without a break; which even tho' self inflicted is unfair & I need to rethink my 'policy'wink

jenandberry Sun 16-Jan-11 11:36:06

Maybe shop workers etc but most of the people I know who have to work through weekends do not get that time back. I accept that I will loose at least 2 weekends a month during term time.

But it is crap and if you have a way of doing otherwise I would try and avoid working weekends. We all need to charge our batteries.

Maisiethemorningsidecat Sun 16-Jan-11 11:40:18

I'm supposed to be working now, but saw this thread and came on to share your pain. Weekends tend to pass here in a haze of cleaning, ferrying the kids to things, me working on my latest contract (in addition to my 9-5 during the week) and DH taking the kids off somewhere to let me have peace to work. One of these weekends we'll actually spend some time together, with adult company.

Could you set aside one weekend a month where you don't work, or where you work a minimum amount and perhaps do extra in the evenings in the week leading up to that weekend?

KatyMac Sun 16-Jan-11 12:47:41

Nearly finished & just one batch of receipts then I can log on & make a mess of inputting the data

I do need to re-organise everything; I think this weekend I am really missing doing my OU work so by doing other stuff I am getting behind

KatyMac Sun 16-Jan-11 19:22:02

Way-hey I actually made some profit

WOW!!!

looneytune Sun 16-Jan-11 19:40:53

I'm yet to start on my accounts then tax return blush I have Tuesday off for a hospital appointment so apart from when I'm out for that, I will try and make a start on the mess of the accounts! Then a friend has offered the use of their study next weekend so I'll try and get as much done as possible!

I agree that weekends easily disappear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now