Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

question WRT first aid box

(3 Posts)
ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Wed 12-Jan-11 02:21:41

did the first part of my first aid course this evening and have been told conflicting things between first aid instructor and pre registration course instructor.

on pre reg course. we were told that plasters were not to be kept in our first aid box and that we should keep a children's antihistamine in it.

but this evening we were told that plasters should be kept in teh FA box and under no circumstances should we keep an antihistamine there.

i have not yet had my inspection so i want to know what is right before the inspection to save them coming back again.

Magic8ballhastheanswers Wed 12-Jan-11 03:00:42

Hi, I am a network childminder and also a support childminder for prospective/existing childminders. You can/must have plasters (various sizes) in your FA box (you need 20).

No antihistamine or any other medications.

If you are unsure contact the NCMA on their helpline.

Good luck!

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Wed 12-Jan-11 13:38:41

thanks, it was the NICMA (i am in northern ireland) ldy that told us no to plasters and yes to antihistamines, then teh first iad girl told us the opposite last night. thank you for clarifying. i was very confused. as were the others

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: