Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

PT childminder Weybridge/Walton .... any advice

(5 Posts)
AlaskaHQ Tue 11-Jan-11 13:55:10


We have just moved back from the USA, so I know all about childcare options in the States, but feel very "new" to it here back in the UK!

I am trying to find a part time childminder for my two children (aged 2 & 4) in Weybridge / Walton on Thames area. I've looked on the listings and emailed a few. Are there other websites/etc.. I should be trying to look at as well? Does anyone know of anyone good with potential space? I can be pretty flexible as to which days.

Can I also ask advice on what I should be looking for officially: Are all childminders OFSTED registered? Do they all have OFSTED reports I should check, or why do some not have reports? Do they have CRB checks as standard, or do I need to ask about that too? Do I need to check for things like driving licences and car insurance as well, or will this have been covered by OFSTED/CRB. Are there other things I am missing?

Thank you for any advice in advance.

shoshe Tue 11-Jan-11 15:40:53

Yess all Childminders have to be registered.

With their Registration will come their CRB, if the cant show you a Ofsted certificate, then they are not registered I would think.

Most good CM's will have a handbook that will have all their policies and qualifications in it.

Hope that helps.

annh Tue 11-Jan-11 15:46:49

We live not too far from Weybridge and I have used to find a part-time nanny but there are a lot of childminders registered there too. I also advertised on Gumtree but I don't think that is used by childminders so much, more aupairs and nannies.

nannynick Tue 11-Jan-11 17:46:02

Have you tried contacting Surrey Familiy Information Service which is run by the county council (thus Free to access). They should have information about all forms of childcare in Surrey and can send you a list of providers in your local area.

CharlieWeybridge Tue 11-Jan-11 22:20:33

Hi, I am a childminder in Weybridge, registered and inspected by Ofsted and have had Enhanced CRB checks, public liability insurance, have done a course in childcare and have a first aid certificate. All legit childminders should have these basic requirements. I have spaces for two children at the moment. If you would like more info and a chat my website address is - . You are welcome to contact me there.

Hope this helps, Charlie

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: