Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

So re tax how many hours do I say I work a week if I have a paperwork day and don't do the holidays?

(6 Posts)
MilaMae Tue 11-Jan-11 13:53:23

Also my hours sometimes change-this week I'm working every day.

Help!!!!! Don't want to get into trouble for claiming the wrong hours for expenses.

KatyMac Tue 11-Jan-11 16:14:34

So work out how many hours a week & divide by the number of weeks working or do a spreadsheet putting how many hours you worked each week & claim (say 20%) @ P/T and (say 80%) @ F/T

NickNacks Tue 11-Jan-11 17:34:52

I have been told you can only claim hours children are in attendence and not paperwork/shopping/training hours.

mranchovy Tue 11-Jan-11 17:51:51

NickNacks is right - if you are using the concessionary arrangements for childminders where you claim 33% of heat and light for 40+ hours etc. then these hours are hours with mindees, although (inconsistently) I believe they can include school runs etc.

HSMM Tue 11-Jan-11 17:53:56

The info I had said it is hours children actually attend, not even contracted hours. I keep a spreadsheet of hours worked through the year, because it is huge to do a whole year at once. Done that a few times !

chabbychic Tue 11-Jan-11 17:56:02

I've never counted extra hours without children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now