Advanced search

Private nanny work

(3 Posts)
NannymcDeb Mon 10-Jan-11 14:09:40

A friend of mine would like me to work as her nanny for 2 days a week,(I'm NNEB) and we are wanting to know what to do,..
Can she claim tax credits to pay me? would i be self employed or her employer?
Basically, what do we need to do?????

Also, going rate per hour for a nanny in north of England??

Many thanks all smile

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Mon 10-Jan-11 14:19:22

Replied on the other thread with more info!

Basically you'd be an employee.

She can claim tax credits if you register with OFSTED.

Going rate....depends wink

MoonUnitAlpha Mon 10-Jan-11 14:20:18

If you are Ofsted registered then she can use tax credits.

She is your employer, and is responsible for tax and NI. She can use a nanny payroll company to sort it out though.

Going rate I'd guess is around £8 gross an hour. You could check local agencies or nannyjob to see what they're charging though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: