Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

help!

(11 Posts)
Scarlett175 Mon 10-Jan-11 12:01:42

this has probably been done many times before BUT

how do you find a great childminder??

I have searched via a uk childcare website (charges you to contact people directly) and am having issues finding a website or a main list of childminders in my area (birmingham) I can't get reccomendations as first time mum, NCT gang are all in same boat and mainly using nurseries...

any help appreciated

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Mon 10-Jan-11 12:09:34

Netmums local childcare board for Birmingham is very good.

Try contacting the Early Year team at the council and seeing whether they have a list.

jendifa Mon 10-Jan-11 12:10:47

What area of Birmingham are you in? I know a great childminder in Quinton. (Also a FANTASTIC nursery in Harborne if you do end up going down that route).

ddgm Mon 10-Jan-11 13:26:19

Hi
I am a childminder in Birmingham,
Try contacting the local council and they will supply you with a list of childminders in your area.
I have lots of childminding friends in Birmingham which part of Birmingham do you live in?

anewyear Mon 10-Jan-11 13:29:08

Family Information service
www.childmindinghelp.co.uk

suwoo Mon 10-Jan-11 13:30:40

I know a brilliant childminder in Rubery/Rednal.

apotomak Mon 10-Jan-11 13:53:56

Try this one http://childcarefinder.direct.gov.uk/childcarefind er/ It's a website run by government. It's free to contact childminders. Just put your postcode in and a list of local childminders will come up. Hope this help.

apotomak Mon 10-Jan-11 13:54:25

http://childcarefinder.direct.gov.uk/childcarefind er/

Sorry link got split.

apotomak Mon 10-Jan-11 13:55:30

What's wrong with this...
Again
childcarefinder.direct.gov.uk/childcarefinder/

Scarlett175 Mon 10-Jan-11 14:51:02

thanks for all the replies- just wading through now. I am in south Brum so looking Moseley/Kings Heath...

pippin26 Mon 10-Jan-11 14:54:37

have a looksee on

www.childmindingforum.co.uk

many good Brummy based minders on there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now