Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

OOPS I did it again!!!!

(21 Posts)

Well, that time of year again and despite all my promises to myself last year, I have a full years accounts to do before 31/1.

Anyone else as bad as me???? grin

looneytune Fri 07-Jan-11 21:00:48

Me, me, me shockblushgrin And yes, I promised myself again that I wouldn't do this. You'd think after over 5 and half years of minding I'd learn my bloody lesson!!! LOL

PacificDogwood Fri 07-Jan-11 21:04:11

Me. sad and blush
How can I be so competent in some most respects of my life and so hopeless in this particular aspect of it ??
<sticks head back into sand>

PacificDogwood Fri 07-Jan-11 21:06:01

Oh, I am not a childminder btw, just hopeless with accounts... <feels really stupid now>>.
I bet my CM's accounts are done!

HSMM Fri 07-Jan-11 21:11:30

Did mine in October (sorry) and had great plans to catch up with everything from April, so it won't be as bad next year, but have I done it? Have I heck!

pacific - bet they aren't grin

KatyMac Fri 07-Jan-11 21:23:18

For the first time ever, me as well hmm

looneytune Fri 07-Jan-11 21:23:33

I often end up paying on 31st Jan! I'm actually good with accounts but not good at keeping on top of things as I go along! I find it very very boring dividing all the things on the shopping list.....toilet roll (right, how many kids on what days, how much do they roughly use compared to us....right that's X %....NEXT) - BORING BORING BORING!!!

pippin26 Fri 07-Jan-11 22:34:43

last year my accounts..... were submitted 1 day late.

this year I actually was amazingly good.... got them sorted by august..... they are still waiting to be submitted (am planning on doing it this weekend.... if i can find them....)

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 07-Jan-11 22:42:19

me hmm at self

BradfordMum Fri 07-Jan-11 23:07:39

<<<SMUG SMILEY>>>>

I've submitted them in July, and as my accounts run jan 1st to dec31st, 2010's are all done and could be submitted in early April!

I have a spreadsheet on the pc, and as an addict, I can fill them In On a daily/weey basis!

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 07-Jan-11 23:24:31

Unfortuanlly Dh is useless at his accounts and gets fined each year £100.

Drives me insane angry

He has his records/exspenses etc but just doesn't get round to giving to accountant hmm

Bradford - impressed!!!! grin

I havent even sorted out receipts yet - they're all mixed up in a morrisons carrier bag blush. Will have to sit in middle of floor - with a glass of vino of course - and put DH reading specs on to see the dates on them grin.

Hey ho - still got 3 weeks to worry about it!

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Sat 08-Jan-11 08:56:07

mine were done in June grin

all paid and up to date (woo hoo)

stomp Sat 08-Jan-11 13:09:57

Did mine the other day grin i always say i'm going to do them early but then just keep putting it off confused and start to panic around Christmas....but its done now- phew

KatyMac Sat 08-Jan-11 14:56:05

What are the headings in the Self Assessment

looneytune Sat 08-Jan-11 21:57:42

underpaid - mine are in several carrier bags! lol Some of it's childminding receipt, others home stuff. I'm such a nightmare and wish I'd learn!!! grrrr

RosieGirl Sun 09-Jan-11 15:51:23

Me too sad, must do something, I have also been saving some tax money in a savings account with a book only. I cant' find the book anywhere which I know I will need to withdraw some money. I have a standing order which put some in every month, so never use the book, I have had everything out this weekend and still can't find it.

looneytune Sun 09-Jan-11 16:41:09

At least you've saved for it! Unfortunately I've not as dh was made redundant over a year ago and I kept thinking we'll have the money when he gets a job and of course no, he still hasn't got one!! Oh, and my car failed it's MOT today, deep joy!

KatyMac Sun 09-Jan-11 16:50:49

3/4 finished & my profit is about £3K.........I just have cleaning & sundries to do

Sometimes I wonder why I do this, I really do

mum2akebk Sun 09-Jan-11 16:59:23

I haven't done my accounts either - thought I must be the only one! I am so glad for others saying about receipts in carrier bags - sounds just like me - all I have to do now, is locate them, put them in order, find utility bills and transfer onto spreadsheet - have to be next week-end as working all week and too tired in evening. AAAAAArgh - hope I can get my profit right down too as I haven't saved. Guess what my New Years Resolution is - to be more organised - said that last year as well - didn't work!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now