Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childcare gap

(8 Posts)
falsemessageoflethargy Fri 07-Jan-11 13:54:34

Hi there - my exp has a childcare gap between afterschool club - 6.15 and him getting home from work 6.45 - what would anyoneadvise in that situation - basically he needs after school care from 4 until 6.45 but with ds nearer to him that the school - what do other people do in these situations?

At present its muggins here taking up the slack and my work is suffering just because he wont sort out child care on 'his' day iyswim.

On the Friday that its my turn I leave work early but obviously his job is Too Important for this hmm

MUMMYandMIA Fri 07-Jan-11 14:05:46

H

MUMMYandMIA Fri 07-Jan-11 14:09:35

Im a registered childminder looking to relocate to the New Forest area. Can anyone let me know if there are particular areas out there that have a shortage of childminders or if there are areas overloaded with us.
At the moment the New Forest is just an idea so anywhere thats short is an option.

Thanks

lifeinagoldfishbowl Fri 07-Jan-11 14:11:24

Could he not do some other type of childcare on his day ie a childminder working 3.15-6.45 rather than using the club?

falsemessageoflethargy Fri 07-Jan-11 14:16:17

Do CMs work until 6.45 though life? and that would be near the school wouldnt it rather than near his house? (about 5 miles apart). Good god its difficult isnt it - I'll have a look on the local council childcare list though for any that might work that late.

Mum2Luke Fri 07-Jan-11 16:25:50

Childminders don't generally work after 6 (6.30 in my case) because we have courses which start at 6.30 which we have to attend such as First Aid and Safeguarding Children.

Its difficult really, some do work late but they are few and far between, don't let him make you do all the running about though, they are his children as well and some men forget this (I do not mean to offend any men who do help).

annh Fri 07-Jan-11 16:41:59

What about seeing if someone from the after-school club would be willing to have your ds for 30 mins extra, either at that venue where the club is run if that is possible or taking your son to either your ex-p home/work?

falsemessageoflethargy Fri 07-Jan-11 17:04:19

Thanks both - I agree M2L - he should be doing this as well (not posting on MN but finding out about options but there we go).

In London and the suburbs its so hard to get back for 6.15 - lots of people must have the same problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now