Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help! In a panis my wondderful CM has just given notice - Exeter

(4 Posts)
pippylongstockings Wed 05-Jan-11 19:37:28

All in a spin - my lovely CM who has had my 2DS for 3 years has given me 4 weeks notice today. Long story short she now has family commitments that mean she can't do CM anymore. I am very gutted and in a panic.

Does anyone know of any good CM in Exeter - has to be in walking distance of EX1 postcode and if at all possible do drop-off and pick-up to Ladysmith School.

Has anyone used FISH at Ladysmith ? I think this may be my best short-term option, but don't overly want my 2 DS to be in a 'school/nursery' environment all the time.

They are still only 4 and 5 and so loved the one to one care they had for the last 3 years. Day's out to beach/swimming/crealy etc in the holidays.

Arrggghhh.

FessaEst Wed 05-Jan-11 19:43:40

Have you spoken to DISC? They are really good and gave me lots of options based on my quite specific criteria. I wouldn't bother with the online search, just give them a ring - they will send printed lists if you request it. Good luck!

anewyear Fri 07-Jan-11 10:23:38

Try the family imformation service,
or
www.childmindinghelp.co.uk
www.emergencychildcare.co.uk

hope this can help

Dysgu Sat 08-Jan-11 01:09:03

Gosh, I feel for you! I was in your position just over a year ago - DD1 has been with a fabulous CM for 3 years when CM could no longer stay in business due to family situation. She gave notice 2 weeks before I was due to go back to work after ML with DD2 - and DD2 was due to start with her!

On the morning she told me I went home and cried!

DD2 still started with her at the age of 8 months for a fortnight whilst I sorted everything out.

The CM was the biggest help - so it might be worth you asking her if she knows of any other local CM's who have spaces? I managed to get a spaces with my 1st CM's CM Network friend - which was quite something to get 2 full-time places, including and under one year old! CM had actually spoken to her friend before giving me notice - we did have to take some holiday days to fill a short-term gap that she couldn't take both girls but...15 months later both girls are VERY happy going to her every day.

TBH I do still miss our first CM (and know that DD1 does too!) but we really struck lucky - and now our current CM has the old CM's assistant as one of her assistants too!

I hope you find something soon too. try asking your CM for advice.

Good Luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now