Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking for a part-time nanny in Blackheath

(8 Posts)
Maria101 Tue 04-Jan-11 21:36:12

I'm looking for a part-time nanny. I live in Blackheath and have a 7-month-old daughter. I work from home and would like a nanny to work half a day, four days a week. ie, from 9am to 1.30pm, or 1pm to 5.30pm. I'm very flexible on times/days. I think this position would suit a local mum who has children of her own, as she could drop them off before coming to me. I would need somebody who was OK with me being around (in my study, though I would be out some days). Please email me for more info. Thanks, Maria.

Shelds Wed 05-Jan-11 11:05:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

ThatScrotumCat Wed 05-Jan-11 20:02:39

Shelds hmm

Maria - I`m a Blackheath nanny, not currently looking for work but will mention the position to other nannies smile

Maria101 Wed 05-Jan-11 21:10:37

That's brilliant, thank you ThatScrotumCat. Just out of interest, is it hard to find a nanny willing to take on a part-time post?

ThatScrotumCat Wed 05-Jan-11 22:46:46

I think the majority of nannies would prefer to work a couple of long days than four part-time. A nanny`s average working day is 11 hours so two long days would be more financially appealing than four half days.

However you could probably find someone who has other responsibilities, their own child at school as you suggested, or a nanny who cares for older children. You would have to consider what would happen during the school holidays though.

Have you thought about a nanny-share or childminder. Either of these might be more suited to your needs. And would save you lots of money too grin

bighug Wed 05-Jan-11 23:48:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chloepoppins Mon 10-Jan-11 00:11:09

Hello there

These hours would suit me as I have a job working as a nanny from 3.30 to to 6.30 starting in Greenwich.

Please send me your email if you are interested as I will send you all my information and details!

Kind regards

Chloe
chloebrigitakam@live.co.uk

rita2007 Mon 10-Jan-11 12:04:28

can one of the nanny maybe answer the following questions for me.... how much would a live out nanny cost approximately? Would 150 a week for 2 days a week be a decent wage? Also, does a live out nanny give the flexibility to stay 1 or 2 hour late every once in a while? If at an extra cost?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now