Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ah well, here I go again. This could be interesting

(23 Posts)
Saltire Tue 04-Jan-11 08:40:51

I am 99% convinced I was back tow ork tomorrow, however mindees mum insists it's today. And she has taken the day off specially because I am back tow rok. Oh and apparentyl mindee 1 starts his new nursery todayhmm. And she is going to come along with me so that I (me who's been dropping children off at nurseries for years) can see what to do.And his hours are going to be the 3 hours a day free funded place. Now this is where it could get interesting - he finishes at 12 noon. Mindee 3 often gets picekd up at 12, so it will be at least 12.15 some days before I am able to get him.
and of course I do the school run so it will be at least 09.15 before he gets droped off.

However since she seems to think she is the only parent in the world who matters then she will just have to accept it

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Tue 04-Jan-11 08:49:18

Are you going to have a quiet word with the nursey to say you'll be late dropping off and picking up? Or early picking up?

Saltire Tue 04-Jan-11 08:51:33

Since I am going with the mum today I wil say to them "would you prefer me to pick up early i.e 11.30-11.45 or later - 12.15 ish, since I have other mindees to consider" and see what they say. Chances are they will say that if I pick up late then the mum will be chargedhmm. <innocnet>

pippin26 Tue 04-Jan-11 09:00:11

Of course that parent is the only one in the world - doncha no!!!!

My mindees nursery have changed their starting time...... parent of mindee has not told me yet......... I only know because I asked for a copy of the letter they were giving out.

FakePlasticTrees Tue 04-Jan-11 09:04:36

Is there no way you can stop working for this woman? You've been posting so long about her and her family - there must be a way out of it.

PinkChick Tue 04-Jan-11 10:40:33

Have u got nothing to confirm when u actually start back? And has this woman botherd ti dudcuss nursery times wuth you?

StarExpat Tue 04-Jan-11 12:00:30

This woman infuriates me.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 04-Jan-11 12:46:30

can you pick up late,my dc nursery shuts at 12 and no way could i pick up at 12.15

remind me again why you still have this womans children?

LoveMyGirls Tue 04-Jan-11 13:48:35

Crazy lady! Mine would have been a bit out of luck had the turned up at mine a day earlier than I'd agreed because I wasn't here yesterday I stayed at a friends didn't come home til 1pm then spent the rest of the day sorting the house/ cars, kids bedrooms so no way could I have worked, I don't see why this lady thinks she has the right to demand when you will work, you are your own boss why are you allowing her to dictate to you?

LoveMyGirls Tue 04-Jan-11 13:49:08

Not having a go, just typing while I'm eating/ rushing and genuinely confused as to why you let her do this?

HSMM Tue 04-Jan-11 18:17:08

I would have to say I can't do the nursery run. What if you get held up signing accident forms, etc? I think it will end up being an extra headache for you.

ChippingIn Tue 04-Jan-11 18:33:25

Saltire - do you not have it in writing when you are off over the Christmas break? I would have just said, I run my own business I decide when I am open and when I am closed - I am not open today. I'm sorry you have booked the day off, but at least you have childcare sorted for your children - see you tomorrow morning.

How did it go at the nursery?

Saltire Tue 04-Jan-11 22:17:00

Well. The nursery went ok. I picked him up at 11.45, and was home just as mindee 3 mum got to my door. Mindee 1 +2 mum not happy,that I picked him up early, and even less so when i said "oh, I do school run in morning so he might not get to nursery till about 09.15 or later.

looneytune Tue 04-Jan-11 23:01:16

I totally agree with StarExpat, she infuriates me angry Had she not discussed the whole nursery thing with you before today?? hmm

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 04-Jan-11 23:13:23

Salty, give notice my love

it's just not worf it x

coldtits Tue 04-Jan-11 23:15:39

Saltire, seriously, this woman is going to give you a bloody aneurism.

At least you can sack her - that poor kid has to LIVE with that for the rest of his life!

ChippingIn Wed 05-Jan-11 00:20:38

Saltire - you have the patience of a saint!!

If she's not happy that his nursery hours will be cut short due to your other mindees and previous commitments then maybe it would be better to find another CM grin

Saltire Wed 05-Jan-11 07:42:06

I did have a sheet with my time off over Christmas written down, which I gave to the parents. She said she lost hers.hmm.
There aren't , at the minute a lot of full time under 5's needing childcare just now round here, and I really need the income. Also part of me feels that those children need some sort of stability and love during the day. However, you are all right, I should perhaps tout for other business

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Wed 05-Jan-11 07:48:09

If you can get mindees to replace them then ditch her... It's just not possible for you to keep juggling like this for her and although I understand you care about these mindees she's making your life too complicated!

Saltire Wed 05-Jan-11 07:49:38

I am not advertising as such but DH is putting out a few feelers around campgrin

ChippingIn Wed 05-Jan-11 13:37:08

Saltire - I'm always a bit conflicted when I read your posts about this woman/these kids.

I think you have been incredibly patient and put up with so much from her that you shouldn't and that you deserve less hassle.

However, at the same time, I am always really happy that these children have you to love them and look out for them as you say, providing them with stability & love.

Actually - could you not just keep them? I'm not so sure she'd be bothered

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 05-Jan-11 13:50:41

as on 'camp' hopefully you will find another family

im all for you keeping them as need an income and to live/pay bills etc BUT remember you are your own employer grin

you run your own business and you tell HER what you can and cant do and if she doesnt like it, then she can go and find another cm

underpaidandoverworked Wed 05-Jan-11 19:37:00

Saltire - do you drop the child off at nursery? If so, I would still be charging for the hours they are in nursery - you are running a business and cant fill those hours!!! Agree with others, you have the patience of a saint - I would have lost it a long time ago angry

My New Years Resolution is to not let parents take me for granted the way I did last year, which cost me shitloads of income sad.

Be brave and confront her - don't give her a choice, tell it as it is. No ifs. no buts - and if she doesnt like it give notice! This job can be stressful enough without what wou have gone through the last few months. Wish I could be there to punch her lights out for you hun grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: