Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Just a quick question , what are the EYFS recommendations?

(7 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Sun 02-Jan-11 14:39:01

Hi me again.

I am getting my head around the EYFS, just needed to be clear what the recommendations are?

A question on one of my assignments.

THANK YOU LOVLEY PEOPLE !!

MUM2BLESS Mon 03-Jan-11 14:41:34

Any takers?

Please could you give me the page number of the EYFS framework which states the recommedations?

Thanks grin

nannynick Mon 03-Jan-11 15:28:46

What do you mean by "recommendations" - as I can't find that word in the PDF.

Do you perhaps mean the welfare requirements? Start on page 20 of the PDF.

MUM2BLESS Mon 03-Jan-11 16:23:32

My NVQ3 assignment states

Please write an assignment explaining in your own words about the EYFS framework, what this is, the legal requirements, the recommendations made etc.

Maybe the wording may be different in the EYFS book.

Thanks for reply nannynick much appreciated!!!

confirmednut Mon 03-Jan-11 16:28:19

The Welfare requirements are headed Specific legal requirements and Statutory guidance.
hth

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Tue 04-Jan-11 08:44:18

Are you supposed to summarise and say 'the EYFS recommends that all activities be developmentally appropriate', 'the EYFS recommends that children be exposed to a wide range of learning opportunities'?

The requirements seem covered by that question but what the EYFS is supposed to do isn't.

purepurple Wed 05-Jan-11 18:53:42

The EYFS is split into 2 different books
The Statutory Framework which is the law and contains all the requirements
and the Practice Guidance for the EYFS, which is not law but sets out what is recommended and how to implement the 4 principles of
A unique child
Positive relationships
Enabling environments and
Learning and development
The EYFS is part of the umbrella of Every Child Matter
The main themes of the EYFS is the importance of play, the importance of working in partnership and meeting individual needs of children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now