Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

There are 16 mistakes in my recent Ofsted report.

(12 Posts)
chabbychic Thu 30-Dec-10 07:37:24

Shall I go to the press?

grin

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Thu 30-Dec-10 07:41:39

Of the grammatical variety?

Mark it with red pen and send it back with little explanatory post-its.

chabbychic Thu 30-Dec-10 07:43:50

Mainly grammatical, but most of it just doesn't make sense. For example:

'They enjoy playing with figure and resources which successfully promotes age, gender, ethnicity and diversity'

WhenPaperclipsAttack Thu 30-Dec-10 08:48:07

Reports must be "quality assured" before they're sent out, but evidently that one wasn't done very well! I second the red pen suggestion.

BradfordMum Thu 30-Dec-10 09:07:11

I think a lot of copy and pasting goes on when writing these reports.
Part of my report is word for word the same a fellow childminder

nannynick Thu 30-Dec-10 09:19:49

It is mostly cut and paste, so complain to Ofsted that the phases being used do not make sense to parents. Reports need to be suitable for their target audience.

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Thu 30-Dec-10 10:02:31

hmm it promotes age, gender, ethnicity and diversity?

That reads like it makes them older!

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 30-Dec-10 10:14:02

that is bad

mine had quite a few grammatical errors which made my eyes water but went back because the wrong inspection date was on it !

LesbianMummy1 Thu 30-Dec-10 11:51:12

mine had loads of mistakes and bad grammar one line completely contradicted itself so I sent it back and asked that it be amended asap it took six weeks before I was happy with the final one but worth persevering as parents use these to help them make decisions

chabbychic Thu 30-Dec-10 12:44:21

Oh yes I fully intend to send it back. I'm really quite cross as I had someone read through my SEF before I sent it off, and it was word-perfect.

I can't believe no-one read through it to check!

HarrietTheSpook Thu 30-Dec-10 13:47:45

It's your business these people are messing around with, with these shoddy reports. I would go mad.

chabbychic Sun 02-Jan-11 17:27:22

Have sent a lengthy email detailing all 19 mistakes (found a few more...).

Feel slightly smug as well as annoyed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: