Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I HATE the maternity nurse....!

(11 Posts)
themaleworrier Tue 28-Dec-10 12:11:36

What do you do when you can't stand the sight/sound of the new maternity nurse after less than 24 hours into a four week booking???!

TheBreastmilksOnMe Tue 28-Dec-10 12:13:27

I would probably say that circumstances have changed and that you have to end the contract but I would still pay her for the 4 weeks.

lifeinagoldfishbowl Tue 28-Dec-10 12:16:12

Agree with Breastmilk.

However what is the main problem - can it be rectified?

Imarriedafrog Tue 28-Dec-10 12:17:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

themaleworrier Tue 28-Dec-10 13:30:49

Oh I don't know, if I start to write it down it just looks petty and silly. It is unfortunate that she is taking over from another lady we had before Christmas as emergency cover who absolutely lovely. This new one has been doing it for 20 years so is full of stories about past babies she's looked after; she also has a fantastically annoying way of speaking: if you tell her anything she just replies "yup yup yup" and is starting to sound like a small yappy dog. She also says "like" every other word which is (like) very annoying. I know we should be grateful to have her and many people would kill to have help and I'm being snobby and intolerant but.....angry....I just hope she doesn't read mumsnet. blush

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 28-Dec-10 13:55:51

If you don't like her that sure she/baby will pick up on it

Did you get on at the interview?

You will have to pay her the 4 weeks if you decide to get rid of her

blueshoes Tue 28-Dec-10 14:05:28

Can you make her do housework and get out of you and your baby's way?

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 28-Dec-10 14:47:49

Tbh most mn won't do housework and quite rightly too

Why did you want a mn? To help you/baby get into a routine/for you to be able to rest/sleep?

Eglu Tue 28-Dec-10 14:59:57

I would probably say, look after your own baby, like most people do.

Obviously you need to pay the woman. It's not her fault you don't like her.

blueshoes Tue 28-Dec-10 15:04:36

Ah yes, I got confused between a maternity nurse and a doula.

poshtottie Tue 28-Dec-10 16:11:00

I think if she has only been there a day you need to give her a chance. Could you share the care of the baby. I've had clients who I rarely see or other clients I spend a lot of time with, (particularly mums of first babies).

You would need to pay her, so unless you can afford it I would put up with her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: