Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

cross at my cm friend

(10 Posts)
dmo Thu 16-Dec-10 22:59:01

i look after a little girl aged 5 before and after school and in the school holidays.

in october i took the week off so put mum in touch with a cm friend to have her dd

anyway mum phoned on weds to say her dd was ill and had been sick and could i care for her today, i said no as for the health of the other children plus coming and going on school runs etc etc

phoned mum today to see how dd was and she said she was still really ill and being sick but my cm friend had had her today

why?? is my question, why would she offer to have a sick child when she has 4 babies all day plus before and after school children

WanderingInAWinterWonderland Thu 16-Dec-10 23:02:37

shock Really? That's disgusting! No wonder you're cross.

dmo Thu 16-Dec-10 23:06:43

not cross just hmm

dmo Thu 16-Dec-10 23:08:18

oh and she is looking after her tomorrow too. mum said she will be back with you on Monday!!

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 16-Dec-10 23:41:14

awful

especially putting her regular families at risk of a rubbish Xmas

angry

Danthe4th Fri 17-Dec-10 07:29:06

Perhaps she didn't have any others or they were also ill, lovely spending the day with a sick bucket!!! Did she also go over numbers.

dmo Fri 17-Dec-10 09:05:44

dont know if she went over her numbers didnt think of that!!

new2cm Fri 17-Dec-10 10:43:36

That's not on and it is soooooooooo wrong.

With the Norovirus and swine 'flu around, it is utterly irresponsible to take in a sick and possibly contagious 5 year old to possibly infect 4 babies. If any of those babies get norovirus and/or 'flu, it could be life threatening. That's why many policies require the sick child to stay away from the childcare setting. I do not think the parents of those 4 babies (presumably not attending at the same time) will be too enamored when they find out.

Doesn't this childminder have a sickness/illness policy? I do believe it is a legal requirement in England.

dmo Fri 17-Dec-10 11:21:58

no all 4 babies 5 days a week as she has a variation

anyway think i made the right choice i dont want any of my families ill over christmas or myself for that matter

new2cm Sat 18-Dec-10 12:42:24

You right to be cross and i agree with you, you made the right choice.

My ds (who was 2 years old at the time) was very ill last Christmas and we spent Boxing Day in A&E. He was finally discharged with antibiotics due to a secondary infection as a result of 'flu. I do not wish to have a repeat experience this year! My dd2 is only 16 months old and for once I considered for her the 'flu jab because of what happened last year, but that's another thread.

So I'm 100% with you when you say I dont want any of my families ill over christmas or myself for that matter!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: