Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Temporary contract - can anyone help me make one up please?

(8 Posts)
mogs0 Thu 16-Dec-10 20:57:24

I've been asked to have children from 2 families for a couple of days over the holidays and I need some form of contract.

Any suggestions of what I should include?

Danthe4th Fri 17-Dec-10 07:34:06

Just get paid upfront and fill in usual permission forms and contact details and then you don't need a full contract. Insurance is still valid if you have the correct details, a contract is there to safeguard against non payment.
Or you could just write a confirmation letter of all the details with the cost and at the bottom get both of you to sign to agree and both keep a copy.
When I do adhoc care I always try to get payment when booked or at least a deposit.

SwearyMary Fri 17-Dec-10 07:40:54

Are you a childminder? The NCMA have temporary contracts.
Also if you google Northants childminding, there is a great website with sample documents. I have tried to get on and get you a link but the site won't open for me. You don't have to be a Northants CM to access it wink

mogs0 Fri 17-Dec-10 11:03:46

Thanks both, i'm in wales and the ncma don't do short term contracts for welsh cms.
If insurance is valid without one then i'll just get permission slips etc.
I might phone my inspector to see what she says about it.

mogs0 Fri 17-Dec-10 12:37:46

SwearyMary - thanks for the northants CM site recommendation. I've just looked and it's got lots of useful information that I can use.

I phoned CSSIW (our Ofsted) and the lady on the phone said I didn't need a contract at all but to phone back on Monday to confirm that.

SwearyMary Fri 17-Dec-10 18:48:33

Thats a pleasure!

Although you don't need a contract it might help if you do have one. Especially if you have things you need them to understand, for example charges for late collections, fees payable if they decide not to use you on any given day, food costs (if you charge) etc.

mogs0 Fri 17-Dec-10 19:20:41

You're right. I will put a few things down on paper. I will only be having the children for 2 days so am not too worried about late payment or cancelled days etc. They've had my details from another CM so I'm quite confident they'll be reliable.

SwearyMary Fri 17-Dec-10 22:13:50

I would take payment in advance, definitely! Have a great time, I'm sure they will be lovely children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now