Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Latest time for Ofsted reg to come through?

(7 Posts)
gruber Tue 14-Dec-10 14:30:53

Am now re-registering on voluntary part as nanny (previous employer didn't want to pay fees as they couldnt use vouchers so registration lapsed; new players CAN use vouchers and will pay for me to register.)

Anyone completed the process recently to give me an idea of timescale? (as "home childcarer")

They've quoted 12 weeks but not sure I believe them...confused

GoldFrakkincenseAndMyrrh Tue 14-Dec-10 16:34:10

Longest time I've heard of (anecdotally via the net) is 15 months but I don't think the nanny in question actually sent any of the stuff off right the first time because if it wasn't one thing it was another (the 1st aid wasn't right, she didn't have the addresses for her CRB, hadn't put her insurance in place before sending off the form so had to get that before they would process it etc.).

12 weeks sounds roughly right as it's the CRB which is usually the problem and they seem to take around 3 months. Just make sure you've completed the form correctly and sent the bits of paper you need to.

nannyl Tue 14-Dec-10 18:52:47

mine took almost 3 months, 2 years ago.

(Sept 1st til end November)

everything was done and correct at time of posting / signing, and id had a crb about a year before.

I know people who have had it take a LOT longer than me!

magicOC Tue 14-Dec-10 20:08:55

17wks 1st time then 4wks the second.

PositiveOutlook Tue 14-Dec-10 20:49:31

The crb takes the longest. my Dh's took from may 28th until mid October this year.

gruber Wed 15-Dec-10 13:15:09

Thanks all. I'm hoping for a quick go as I have all documentation in place. Just have to wait and see I guess.

MGMidget Sat 18-Dec-10 14:36:55

The CRB can be the problem. My nanny had all the documentation but the CRB delayed the application by a further 8 months after all the other document checks etc had been done. Unfortunately it can be just luck how long it takes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: