Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Just a quick question, cm's

(28 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Tue 14-Dec-10 14:18:11

Usual time for collection of two from Infants

3-6pm. Gone to panto today will collect at 4.45 today would you charge normaal charges or give a little?

Thanks

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Tue 14-Dec-10 14:34:47

Normal charge!

Service is still available and open so they still need to pay.

ChippingIn Tue 14-Dec-10 14:38:17

Normal charges - why would you/she even think she/you should charge less? It's not like the CM could get another child for the time is it?

Some people are so tight they squeek!

StarExpat Tue 14-Dec-10 15:39:07

The family doesn't have to find alternative childcare, they aren't losing any money.

I honestly don't get why people have such problems paying and receiving money for childcare.

I have vouchers from salary sacrifice by started paying with them one month past when they first went into my account, so I always have one month's worth in my account in time to pay cm iyswim, even if the voucher company is late paying. Voucher goes to her on the same date every month, automatically from my computershare account into her bank account, it's all set up online to go in directly without either of us lifting a finger or even so much as pressing a button. There is never a worry of not being enough money as I have one month in there in advance. Then I pay the remaining amount that I owe every month, same amount as it's divided up over the year, from my bank account. Directly goes into hers, neither of us lift a finger - it just happens. This was all very easy to set up, took very little time and there is never a payment problem.

Any extra (if I have a later meeting (agreed in advance), need to pay playgroup fees, fees for outings...etc.) I pay to her directly in cash.

I send all of his food with him so there is never a problem with payment for food.

I do not understand why this is difficult for some. Why on earth when we have the ability to very easily just directly transfer money online or over the phone or go to an ATM are we having late payments? And why does anyone think this is acceptable? It's someone else's salary and living expenses you're talking about.
confused
confused

StarExpat Tue 14-Dec-10 15:39:21

Why is his hat black?

StarExpat Tue 14-Dec-10 15:41:07

"I have vouchers from salary sacrifice but started paying with them after one month had passed"
blush
I was obviously in a rush. Sorry.

StarExpat Tue 14-Dec-10 15:58:49

And vouchers only cover 1/3 of monthly costs - and make my salary lower (but save me £70 on £800/month in childcare costs) anyway point is that it's a lot but I budget for it.

MJB66 Tue 14-Dec-10 18:28:57

Well Star, I wish you were one of my parents..
Not that I should moan, they're all mostley pretty good and so are their kids.

mugggletoeandwine Tue 14-Dec-10 18:35:21

My CM only charges for when she has DD, rounded up to the nearest half hour.
If I get home early I don't pay for her minding I didn't use.

I'm not saying this is right, or wrong, just saying that's what happens with my CM.

Dlamis Tue 14-Dec-10 18:58:24

Normal rates.
It's the space that is being paid for, not the hours worked. If the parent doesn't want to use those hours that's their decision but the cm should not loose out. A nursery/after school club would charge for the full session, why should a childminder be any different.?

StarExpat Tue 14-Dec-10 19:44:55

I want to know why my confused 's hat is black? Am I on the naughty list?!?!!!

StarExpat Tue 14-Dec-10 20:54:50

Sorry to hijack your thread, MUM2BLESS but I'm really freaked out by the black hat! Anyone?

I'm getting coal, aren't I?

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Tue 14-Dec-10 23:03:17

hahahahahaha have u been naughty this year Star? it's brilliant! lol

thebody Wed 15-Dec-10 06:53:52

lol like it black!!!!! that sounded a bt naughty..

star.. struck by you saying any extra you give in cash for trips....bloody hell you are a good un...

StarExpat Wed 15-Dec-10 08:11:24

I meant that I pay in cash if they are taking a trip or for playgroups or if I have a meeting that I agree in advance with cm (never later than 4.30/5pm for a late meeting), then I pay that in cash because it's extra on top of regular monthly fee (divided up by 12 months so the same amount is paid directly to her each month).

HoHoHoHoopsAndBaby Wed 15-Dec-10 12:38:19

confused

HoHoHoHoopsAndBaby Wed 15-Dec-10 12:39:06

it would appear that my hat is black too!!

StarExpat Wed 15-Dec-10 12:47:25

shock Maybe it's the thread ...?
try again
confused

Then going to try on another thread.

StarExpat Wed 15-Dec-10 12:47:32

shock

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 15-Dec-10 12:52:06

confused

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 15-Dec-10 12:52:44

bear

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 15-Dec-10 12:53:21

In answer to the question - I would expect to pay my childminder the full amount in this situation

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Wed 15-Dec-10 14:45:30

confused

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Wed 15-Dec-10 14:46:26

So if u are 'confused' u are obv on the naughty list lol Coal for everyone who is confused lol

StarExpat Wed 15-Dec-10 15:18:20

grin
Red hat!
THey should make a
[confident] emoticon with a shimmering glittery hat.

IMHO hmm should be the one with the black hat! It's evil!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: