Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Why do I feel so angry am I overeacting

(4 Posts)
llllll Tue 07-Dec-10 12:50:06

I have looked after mindee for 6 month it is a friend of a friends child for 2 days a week. She recently told me that she needed an extra day and could I change days in a couple of months time, she sent an e-mail confirming the days.

I thought that she should pay a retainer of half fees for that day to keep the space but because she was a friend I didn't stupid mistake!

She needed full time we decided that 3 days would be OK and she would use family for the other two. I had filled my spaces with before and after schools I couldn't provide full time unless going over my numbers or giving notice to another family.

Well now she has given me 4 weeks notice cause I cant do full time. I feel so annoyed that I didn't have my business head on and thought cause she was a friend. I dont think you can trust anyone. I asked her why she didn't call me so we could discuss it.

pollywollyhadadollycalledmolly Tue 07-Dec-10 13:16:23

Totally not over reacting! lol

I have a strict no friends or any one i know policy! lol i do not take on any families where i know the parent. I just think it's too much of a conflict of interests lol

I guess you know for future now tho eh? lol But just try and be civil for rest of the notice period lol

x

lollipopmother Wed 08-Dec-10 08:44:13

That's horrid, I'd be totally livid and we'd definitely not be on speaking terms after that angry.

thebody Wed 08-Dec-10 21:23:14

complete thoughtless and selfish cow... never ever mind for friends imo.. keep it all professional and arms length and then its easier to have business head on... poor you..

we've all been bitten and it really hurts..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now